Receptionist / Host
The ideal candidate should be passionate & enthusiastic about the role, enjoy interacting with customers and have a very positive attitude to develop their knowledge and skills in their profession.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The receptionist is responsible for meeting and greeting guests, taking bookings for the Restaurant, coordinating table plans and ensuring that all guests are looked after in a very friendly and efficient manner.
- Greeting guests upon arrival to the Restaurant
- Monitors and manage restaurant activity to determine seating and dining flow.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- The ability to engage well with guests to provide an outstanding and efficient customer experience
- Outgoing and friendly personality and must retain a professional image at all times
- Excellent attention to detail
- Communicating wait times to guests.
Join Our Team
Under Ross Lewis, Chapter One carefully fostered a culture that prioritises learning from each other, acquiring and honing new skills, and playing to your strengths. We believe that this culture, which continues to flourish under Mickael Viljanen’s leadership, sets us apart.
Curiosity, care, integrity, respect and pride in what you do are the values on which the restaurant thrives. Should you join us, we ask that you embrace and embody these values in your work, and actively contribute in your own way. We’re a team, a collective, with a shared purpose: to do our best, be the best, and give the customer the best experience possible.
‘Hospitalitarian’ – Ross Lewis coined the word and it perfectly sums up the qualities at the heart of our Front of House team: someone who genuinely enjoys people, and makes it a priority to ensure customers are happy.
The team, led by our General Manager and Restaurant Manager, comprises waitstaff (chefs de rang), sommeliers, food runners, hosts and our reservations team. Because these roles are all customer facing to a greater or lesser extent, good interpersonal and communication skills are key. Even better if you have that rare ability to read a room (and fellow team members) like a book.
It’s the engine room of Chapter One, and one of the best-equipped kitchens in the industry. To join our team of chefs, you must be a team player, work well under pressure, think quickly on your feet and be responsive, willing and hungry to learn.
Although ours is a traditional kitchen in terms of structure, it’s underpinned by mutual respect and a tireless pursuit of excellence. And of course, there’s plenty of room for creativity, flair, drive and ambition.
We recognise that to play to your strengths, upskilling and professional development are key. We run regular trainings in-house with some of the best suppliers in the industry, as well as off-site visits to witness firsthand the innovation and creativity of producers we work with. Front of House members also get training on wine, and can even study for WSET via regular on-site sessions.
Know that if you are keen to advance your career in hospitality and develop new skills, you have our support, all the way.